Conditions of Entry
Applicants for the 2019 New Zealand Sport and Recreation Awards must comply with the following conditions of entry:
- Organisations may only submit one entry per category.
- Please ensure responses within entry forms do not exceed the specific word limits. The judging panel will only consider those applications that adhere to these limits.
- Some award categories will allow for additional supporting documentation. Please upload any support documentation (including images/logos) in Microsoft Word Format so the judging panel may download this directly from the portal.
- If you have supporting videos or audio, please submit this in a MP3, MP4, MOV format. Please email via wetransfer (www.wetransfer.com) directly to email@example.com.
- a. If selected as a finalist your Supporting Imagery will be used at the New Zealand Sport and Recreation Awards Dinner and may be used by the Organiser at its
discretion, for media stories, case studies and/or promotion of the New Zealand Sport and Recreation Awards.
b. If you do not submit Supporting Imagery, and your organisation's entry is subsequently chosen as a finalist, your organisation must then provide relevant Supporting
- All entries should be submitted online no later than midday (Closing time) on Monday 4 March 2019 (Closing date).
- Entries will not be accepted if an application has not reached the Organiser by the Closing Date and Time.
- The Judges shall be entitled to follow-up and authenticate any information, or material provided in an entry and/or in support of this entry. An entry may be deemed ineligible for consideration if the information or material provided cannot be verified to the Judge's satisfaction.
- An entry will only be chosen as a finalist for the Award if the Judges' consider that the calibre of the entry has met the entry criteria and is of an appropriate standard of quality (to be determined at the Judges' sole discretion). The Judges will determine whether there are any, and if so, the number of finalists. The Judges shall also be entitled to deny entry to any applicant, or terminate any entry, if in their opinion any applicant or entry could bring the New Zealand Sport and Recreation Awards into disrepute.
- The Judges' decisions shall always be final, and no correspondence will be considered regarding their decisions.
- The applicant grants the Organiser a royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable right to reproduce, publish and/or broadcast either in full or in part any portion of the applicant's entry or Supporting Imagery (as set out in condition 5a and 5b above) to the Award for the purposes of case study, media stories and/or promotion of the New Zealand Sport and Recreation Awards.
- If any information or material provided by an applicant is of a commercially sensitive nature that may be detrimental to the applicant or a third party if published or broadcast, the applicant must clearly mark that information or material "CONFIDENTIAL" and the Organiser agrees not to publish or broadcast that information or material except to the extent permitted in writing by the applicant.
- The Organiser owns all rights (including intellectual property rights) to the New Zealand Sport and Recreation Awards.
- The Organiser owns all promotion and publicity rights to the New Zealand Sport and Recreation Awards.
- The Organiser shall have no liability resulting from the use of, or reliance on, any information provided to the Organiser by the applicant in respect of the New Zealand Sport and Recreation Awards and the applicant agrees to indemnify the Organiser, against all claims, demands, costs (including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis), losses, expenses and damages arising out of the Organiser's permitted use of such information, including the applicant's entry.
- Entries will be judged on achievements, performance or results during the 2018 calendar year. Supporting information dating from outside this period may be provided, if clearly identified as such.
Award specific conditions of entry
Please refer to Specific Award Entry Forms for additional award criteria.